I’m sure a few thousand of you are wondering what do do while visiting Salt Lake City for the 2011 AOA convention (#optometrysmtg). I asked my Facebook friends for input on stuff to do while being a tourist in Salt Lake City, and I’ve compiled the following list:
- Temple Square: Salt Lake Temple visitors’ center-North and South, the Tabernacle, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Conference Center, Joseph Smith Memorial building with its Legacy Theater, Church History and Art Museum, and Tour Brigham Young’s Mansion.
- The Gateway: Discovery Gateway children’s museum, Clark Planetarium, Olympic fountains (bring towels).
- Thanksgiving Point: Dinosaur Museum, iWorlds space adventure, golfing, Dog Days
- Cabela’s– enough said!
- Hogle Zoo
- This is the Place Heritage Park– experience the Mormon pioneer version of the wild west. 😉
- Living Planet Aquarium
- Tracey Aviary
- Red Butte Gardens (at the University of Utah). They also hold concerts, like the band Cake on the 16th.
- Bingham Mine (a.k.a. Kennecot copper mine) tour- largest open pit mine in the U.S.A.
- Connect Pass – includes admission to many of these things (that cost) and also includes a lunch at the Lion House. You can buy either a 1, 2, 3, or 365 day pass.
- Salt Lake Bees baseball game!
- Fort Douglas Military Museum
- Salt Lake Cemetery– visit the resting places of some of Utah’s most famous people!
Also you can visit Park City.